Wednesday, March 06, 2013

New Pillows - New Room



I've been thinking about changing the pillow covers on our sofa for about a year. There was always something more important that sewing. In the meantime we bought a flat and the sofa needed some refreshing. 

O nowych poduchach na kanapę w dużym pokoju myślałam już od około roku. Zawsze było coś ważniejszego do zrobienia. W międzyczasie zmieniliśmy mieszkanie i sofa potrzebowała odświeżenia.

 
I started sewing three weeks ago. Cutting the pieces was easy - I just used the old covers as example. I sewed the first cover and I thought it was a shame I hadn't done that before as it was so easy. The troubles came with the second one. Something was wrong with my sewing machine and finally it stopped working. I gave up and began browsing through the internet looking for a new machine. Then my friend, Ula, recommended me a man in Bielsko who repairs old sewing machines, like mine. Next day I took my machine to the workshop and in a week it was ready. I was amazed how smooth it works is now. It's much more silent, all the buttons work, unbelievable! My dad found a bulb so it even has a light now! That's why I made 5 covers, not just 3 as planned before:))) And probably I'd make two more this weekend.

Zaczęłam szycie trzy tygodnie temu. Wycinanie części było proste - posłużyłam się starymi poszewkami jako wzorem. Uszyłam pierwszą poszewkę i pomyślałam, że to trochę wstyd, że nie wzięłam się za szycie wcześniej - tak łatwo poszło. Kłopoty się zaczęły przy drugiej poduszce. Coś było nie tak z maszyną i w końcu zaprotestowała i przestała szyć. Poddałam się i zaczęłam nawet przeglądać internet w poszukiwaniu nowej maszyny. Wtedy moja koleżanka Ula, poleciła mi pana w Bielsku, który naprawia takie sprzęty. Następnego dnia zwiozłam maszynę i po tygodniu była gotowa - funkiel nówka! Byłam pod wrażeniem jak gładko wszystko działa i jaka cicha się zrobiła! Niewiarygodne! Mój tata znalazł odpowiednią żarówkę i teraz nawet świeci! To dlatego uszyłam 5 poszewek, a nie jak planowałam tylko 3:) Prawdopodobnie w weekend powstaną jeszcze dwie:) 


I chose a grey fabric for the bigger pillows and white patterned fabric for the smaller ones. I thought that the grey pillows would look sad so I added a big white moustache to the middle one. Ula suggested me not to sew a piece of white fabric, but fill the shape with some filling so that the moustache won't be flat.

Wybrałam szary materiał na duże poduchy i biały wzorkowy na mniejsze. Pomyślałam, że szare poduchy będą smutno wyglądać, więc dodałam dużego białego wąsa do jednej z nich. Moja koleżanka, Ula, zaproponowała by nie przyszywać po prostu białego kształtu, tylko wypełnić go ocieplinką i w ten sposób wąs będzie wypukły. 


As I haven't been a sewing expert yet, I didn't want to have any buttons or zipper - I just made two overlapping parts at the back. It was much easier to make and the solution is practical - you won't lose a button or a zipper won't break.

Jako, że nie jestem (jeszcze:)) ekspertem w szyciu, nie chciałam robić guzików ani zamka - stąd zrobiłam dwie nachodzące na siebie części. Było to o wiele prostsze rozwiązanie i jakże praktyczne - nie zgubię żadnego guzika, a zamek też się nie zepsuje;)


Yellow daffodils brought some spring to the room and the pillows are great. I like them and I like how they match to the letters on the wall. The curtains also look perfect in the room.

Żółte żonkile przyniosły wiosnę do domu. Poduszki prezentują się wspaniale! Podobają mi się, bo pasują do liter na ścianie. Zasłony też wpasowały się idealnie.